Announcement – May 7, 2020
Effective immediately, the city parks will be open to the public, with the following guidelines:
- The public must maintain the proper social distancing of six feet.
- The walking track at McPhedran Park, the canoe landing, all of the green spaces, and the tennis courts will be open.
- Fishing at McPhedran Park is now allowed.
- Gatherings of 10 or more people are not allowed
- The playgrounds, ballparks, basketball courts, the dock at McPhedran, shelters, stages, benches, and picnic tables will remain closed at this time.
The police will be monitoring these areas. If the proper guidelines are not followed, the Commissioner of Public Property will close the parks if necessary.
The burn ban is being lifted to allow for recreational fires/fire pits in addition to the use of gas/charcoal/smoker grills as well. There is to be no burning of sticks or leaves and never garbage.
Respectfully, Mayor Rivara